Autodesk has integrated in a cloud-based system its construction suite of software covering the entire project lifecycle, to increase collaboration and productivity.
Autodesk Construction Cloud has been boosted with product enhancements and artificial intelligence.
At the centre of Autodesk Construction Cloud are the construction software Assemble, BuildingConnected, BIM 360 and PlanGrid. Autodesk Construction Cloud brings these solutions together and with Autodesk’s design authoring tools, connects headquarters, office and field teams to increase collaboration and productivity.
The system includes more than 50 new product enhancements, as well as deeper integrations between each product to allow data to flow across all stages of construction. It also includes powerful new artificial intelligence functionality that helps construction teams identify and mitigate design risks before problems occur — reducing delays, rework and costs.
Autodesk Construction Cloud includes three core elements that give construction companies a competitive advantage in the industry:
- Advanced Technology: Best-in-class software solutions built for simplicity and power – uniting headquarters, office and field teams from design through construction and operations.
- Builders Network: The industry’s largest network of owners, designers, builders and trades, enabling each to connect with the right partners and projects.
- Predictive Insights: AI-driven analysis of previously siloed project data provides builders with powerful insights to predict outcomes and reduce risk.
“Despite the tremendous challenges construction companies face to connect huge volumes of data and people, no one has delivered on the promise of unified construction from design to operations — until now,” said Jim Lynch, vice president and general manager, Autodesk Construction Solutions.
“With Autodesk Construction Cloud, we’re introducing a new era of connected construction and offering unrivalled integration between headquarters, office and field teams. We’ve never been more dedicated nor clearer in our mission to empower designers, contractors and owners to meet the world’s rapidly expanding construction needs, while helping to make building more predictable, safe and sustainable.”
“We need to be able to measure ourselves, look to the future and anticipate project risk. This insight is what’s missing today, and is a key driver in moving the industry forward,” added Jenny Moshea, head of technology at Sellen Construction.
“Autodesk Construction Cloud brings together advanced technology with the network of the building community, underpinned by predictive insights. This is the next evolution, the connected tissue that brings it all together so the construction lifecycle is no longer disjointed.”
Highlights of the new innovations include:
- Expanding support within Assemble for the latest version of Autodesk design tools AutoCAD, Revit and Navisworks.
- Empowering subcontractors to immediately quantify 2D views in BuildingConnected BidBoard Pro.
- Enabling greater collaboration, field teams can now take videos directly within the PlanGrid app. Along with improved photo management, teams are able to provide richer commentary from the jobsite.
- Enhancing all BIM 360 modules, along with deeper feature integrations – such as between Construction IQ and BIM 360’s design review capabilities, called Design Risk Management, which helps reduce the likelihood of RFIs and change orders originating from design issues.