The Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) has published a technical information sheet providing advice on digital transformation for SMEs.
The guide, Digital Transformation for SMEs: Unlocking the Benefits, aims to help small to medium businesses in construction understand the types of software available, the benefits that they can bring to their organisation and how they can be implemented effectively.
“The backdrop of economic uncertainty, with rising costs and falling spending make this a good time to consider investment in software,” the CIOB said. “It can help improve efficiency, safety, productivity and quality, which ultimately improves profitability and the retention of staff and customers.”
Digital Transformation for SMEs: Unlocking the Benefits includes the following chapters:
- Introduction: How can construction SMEs benefit from software?
- Making your business more effective
- How to determine what software you need
- Selecting a software provider
- Collaboration through software
- How to implement new technology within a business
- Ensuring that you get a positive ROI
- Managing your tools
- The future: scaling up your solution
- Case study: Burmor Construction
- Case study: Kori Construction
- Checklist – tasks that software can help with
The guide was created in collaboration with Bluebeam.
Don’t miss out on BIM and digital construction news: sign up to receive the BIMplus newsletter.