The implementation of 5D BIM in the construction of the Beijing Winter Olympic Village and improving safety will both be debated during the Global Construction Summit, organised by the Chartered Institute of Building and BIMplus sister website Global Construction Review.
The 4D and 5D BIM webinar takes place on 24 February at 9am GMT and features two case studies detailing the time and cost improvements of taking BIM beyond 3D, including the current Winter Olympic Village and a project in the UK. The speakers are:
- Pierpaolo Franco, vice president – international business development at Glodon;
- James Bowles, founder of 4D specialist Freeform; and
- Declan Mawson, operations manager at JN Bentley.
The speakers will highlight how 4D and 5D can:
- create more secure project schedules;
- improve safety planning and communication;
- identify and mitigate risks; and
- enable more informed, collaborative decisions to be made.
The webinar is sponsored by Glodon and is free to attend.
Improving safety performance
The safety webinar takes place on 22 February at 2pm GMT and will feature three expert speakers:
- Steve Coppin, chair of the Chartered Institute of Building health, safety and wellbeing group and member of the Health & Safety Executive’s BIM4 working group, will talk about the clients’ guidance for integrating health and safety within Project Information Requirements as the industry transitions from PAS 1192-6:2018 to ISO 19650-6;
- Robert Norton, UK senior account manager – fire, health and safety at PlanRadar, will detail how digitalising safety management and performance can pay dividends; and
- George Mosey, head of health and safety, Europe, at Laing O’Rourke, will talk about the major contractor’s approach to health and safety.
The webinar is sponsored by PlanRadar and is free to attend.
The two webinars are part of the three-day Global Construction Summit, which also features webinars focused on: clients’ priorities; equality, diversity and inclusion; and proving the benefits of information management.
The Global Construction Summit is set to become the key annual event for built environment professionals seeking to understand the latest trends, learn best practice and uncover innovations from across the world.
Register for the 4D and 5D BIM webinar.
Register for the safety webinar.
Find out more about the Global Construction Summit.
Don’t miss out on BIM and digital construction news: sign up to receive the BIMplus newsletter.